If you've never made spaghetti squash, it's easy! I cook mine in the microwave. Slice the squash in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds and "guts." Then put it in a microwave safe dish, cut side up. Add about 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the pan and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 10 minutes. Using a fork, pull apart the "strands" of squash.
Tada! A lovely plate of spaghetti squash.
With sauce and turkey meatballs:
- 1 lb fresh, lean ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (if you don't LOVE garlic, only use 1)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl, roll into balls.
- Place in baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.