Stuffed peppers have always been one of my favorite meals, and using low fat ground beef and brown rice makes it a great healthy meal. I used a combination of about 5 recipes to come up with this one, and it was great! I loved the little kick of spice the tobacsco sauce adds to the topping. Enjoy!
- 4 green or red bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of tabasco sauce
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds & stems. Boil peppers 5 minutes to soften. Remove from water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sautee beef, onions and garlic in a large frying pan until beef is browned. Drain excess fat.
- Season beef mixture with salt and pepper, then add diced tomatoes and cooked rice.
- Place peppers open side up in a baking dish and stuff with meat and rice mixture.
- Bake peppers for 25-30 minutes.