Ingredients for cake:
- 18 oreo cookies
- 1 package plain white cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for filling:
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
Directions for cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease & flour pan. (I used two 8" rounds).
- Place the cake mix, oil, sour cream, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and beat again on medium about 1.5 minutes more.
- Fold oreos into the batter and pour batter into pans.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn cakes out on cooling rack to cool completely before filling and frosting.
Directions for filling:
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat until stiff: heavy cream, confectioner's sugar and vanilla.
- Gently fold in crushed oreos
Note - I cut each cake in half (with a cake torter from Michaels, for $2.99 it is worth every penny), put filling in the middles of each cake, then put filling in between the 2 cakes. 3 layers of filling total. Our class decorating project involved a clown, which I wasn't happy about, but the cake was delicious so the clown doesn't matter.