Easy. You make zucchini and turkey lasagna, and you love it. Even your picky husband loves it.
Zucchini and Turkey Lasagna
- One enormous zucchini (or I suppose several small zucchini would do)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (You could use less, but I like cheese. A lot.)
- Fat free ricotta cheese, to taste
- Parmesean cheese, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice zucchini into strips 1/8 inch thick (I cut my enormous zucchini into 3 sections, then sliced).
- Place zucchini into a microwave safe dish, cover, and cook on high for 6 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in pan. Crumble turkey into pan, add minced garlic, onion and Italian seasoning. Break turkey into bite sized pieces while cooking. Cook until turkey is completely cooked. Drain any fat.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray and spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Place a layer of cooked zucchini strips in baking dish.
- Spread a layer of ricotta on top of zucchini. Sprinkle on a little mozzarella and parmesean.
- Add a layer of cooked turkey.
- Spread some sauce on top of meat.
- Repeat layers.
- On top of 2nd meat layer, add a final layer of zucchini, cover with a layer of sauce and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.