- 4 to 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- Fresh mushrooms (if you must), sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound rigatoni, cooked and drained (I like the mini rigatoni)
- Melt butter in pan. Add chicken pieces and cook until chicken is almost done. Add mushrooms, peppers and onion and cook until vegetables start to soften.
- Add the chicken stock and stir.
- Stir together tomato sauce and heavy cream, then add to chicken & vegetable mixture.
- Add parsley, paprika and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch with some water until smooth. Gradually add to sauce, until the sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Pour over cooked pasta and mix together.