Sugar Free Carrot Cake
- 7/8 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I used 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (my addition to the original recipe)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup eggbeaters
- 3/8 cup splenda
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (my addition to the original recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together egg whites and eggbeaters. Set aside.
- In large bowl beat SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, margarine, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and canola oil. Mix in egg mixture, stir until well mixed. Stir in flour mixture, then carrots, walnuts, and raisins.
- Pour into greased 8 cup loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, ice if desired. (I used 2 round pans, and baked for 30 minutes).